Amended COVID-19 Privacy Notice
Please note this policy is issued and requires a signature at time of registering for ANY classes at Mad Hatters Theatre School
At Mad Hatters Theatre School, we respect the privacy of the children attending the school and the privacy of their parents or carers. The personal information that we collect about you and your child is used only to provide appropriate care for them, maintain our service to you, and communicate with you effectively. Our lawful basis for processing the personal information relating to you and your child is so that we can fulfil our contract with you. Our legal condition for processing any health-related information that you provide about your child is so that we can provide appropriate care for that child.
Any information that you provide is kept secure. Data that is no longer required* is erased after your child has ceased attending our school.
We will use the contact details you give us to contact you via phone, email, social media and post so that we can send you information about your child, Mad Hatters Theatre School and other relevant news, and so that we can communicate with you regarding payment of our fees.
COVID-19 Test and Trace
Mad Hatters Theatre School is actively taking part in COVID-19 NHS Test and Trace process. Therefore, if a positive case of Covid-19 is reported within our setting, we are duty bound to report this to the NHS Test and Trace Helpline where suitable advice will be sourced. Parents/Carers have to right to Opt-Out of this process and if they wish to do so this should put this in writing to Mad Hatters Theatre School.
Mad Hatters Theatre School can still seek advice from the Test and Trace Helpline, even if a parent/carer ‘opts out’ however withholding all personal data, in line with the GDPR regulations.
We will only share personal information about you or your child with another organisation if we:
- have a safeguarding concern about your child
- are required to by government bodies or law enforcement agencies
- engage with our current supplier ‘Active’ Club and Subscriptions Management to process data on our behalf (e.g. to take online bookings, or to issue invoices or refunds or discounts)
- If a positive case of COVID-19 is reported to us and we have your permission to contact the NHS Test and Trace Helpline to report and assist the Test and Trace process.
- have obtained your prior permission.
You have the right to ask to see the data that we have about yourself or your child, and to ask for any errors to be corrected. We will respond to all such requests within one month. You can also ask for the data to be deleted, but note that:
- we will not be able to continue to care for your child if we do not have sufficient information about them
- even after your child has left our care, we have a statutory duty to retain some types of data for specific periods of time* so can’t delete everything immediately.
If you have a complaint about how we have kept your information secure, or how we have responded to a request to access, update or erase your data, you can refer us to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
* We do need to retain certain types of data (such as records of complaints, accidents, and attendance) for set periods of time after your child ceases to be in our care, but we delete as much personal data as we can as soon as possible.
Notice updated 25/08/2020 Notice to be reviewed on or before 25/08/2021